Monday, August 10, 2009

Home warming

Our new house has the same windows over the kitchen sink that my grandparents have in their house. They automatically make me feel at home with their old, dark wood and little shelves on either side. This little nook has quickly become one of my favorite special places. I've decorated it with a bunch of little glass jars, including tiny French and Spanish milk bottles, and my favorite tea cup, which I purchased during our Memorial Day trip to Quebec City. The whole arrangement looked so pretty with this happy vase of snapdragons I picked up at the farmer's market last week.
tea cup, french milk bottle, pharmacist bottle, snapdragons

tea cup close up

glass vessel collection, new aloe sprouting

These are some B.E.A.UTIFUL Rainier cherries that I *attempted* to turn into a plum and cherry clafoutis, which ended up more as delightfully sweet and juicy scrambled eggs than the dessert I'd intended. File under *try again* and *needs more practice*. Sigh.

juicy

0 comments:

Post a Comment