Friday, August 21, 2009

For Dummies...

I've always wanted to write a cookbook. Last night, H.L.G. suggested I do so and Mr. C agreed. Wow. I can't imagine actually doing it, but you know, maybe I should just DO IT. Can you imagine? I can't. I love cooking, I love writing, I love photography (even though mine is terrible) and I love books. It seems pretty simple and pretty natural that I could whip something up, but I suppose I always thought I'd be published as an art critic (that's what this degree is supposed to make me into, you know...) but a cookbook author? This is not to say that I expect to be published at all, regardless of the topic, but hey, anything's possible. It is one of those things on my list of Things to Accomplish in Life, so presumably I plan on trying it out someday.

I think it might be something that makes me feel less ordinary, which is a feeling I've been struggling with a lot lately. If I can find a little passion outside of my everyday blah-di-blah routine, then maybe the ordinary can be redirected creatively and something delightful can come of it. I think I like that plan. So now I wonder, is there a manual for these things? I don't have the slightest idea of where to begin--for the parts outside of the kitchen...

2 comments:

Di- said...

Your photography is dead on ... absolutely marvelous! ... made the Farmer's Market Cassoulet(ish) look SO SCRUMPTIOUS - we wanted to try it! Follow that simmering idea ... throw in a pinch of what you know ... add a dash of what you don't ... sprinkle it with that exhilarating feeling of sparkling creativity ... it may become the most amazing art filled cookbook on the planet!!!

Sprouted Kitchen said...

yea, give it a try! Im sure youd be great ~

Post a Comment