Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Le weekend

This weekend was busy and delightful. I discovered a new city that I'm crazy about and re-discovered close friendships that I've been missing while we've all gotten a little older and fallen in (and in some cases out of) love. It's kind of crazy how quickly and simultaneously it's happened for each of us--K, J, and me. It's the season in life for weddings and I really do feel so blessed and happy to be a part of that season with my best girls. So this past Saturday we celebrated J's upcoming nuptuals with a surprise shower just outside of Portsmouth, NH and it really was special. From the early morning drive up with K and our gut busting, laughter-filled poetry session, to J's overwhelmingly emotional surprise, and the out of control, hysterical car rides with her soon to be hubby--it was truely fun.

I also can't believe that I'd never been to Portsmouth before! What an absolutely amazing little city. It's so quaint and pretty, with fun little shops, galleries, and restaurants--it's everything I'd want in a place in which to settle down. AND it's on the water--which is just icing on the cake. I can't say enough about how much we all loved it there and I really can't wait to visit again!

While strolling around on Sunday morning, we stopped by a little boutique called Azure, which is right on Market Street in downtown Portsmouth. It's a nice shop, run by a woman transplanted from Manhattan. She sells designer jeans and quirky, fun fashionable tops, dresses, and sweaters. We made J try on about 30 pairs of ridiculous sunglasses, which of course, were all too big for her itty bitty face. My absolute favorite part of this shop was discovering a new clothing line! I need to do a bit more research on who it is who actually designs the line, but for now, I thought I'd share some of my favs from the current collection from Hazel.

woven top w/ beading

pink belted skirt



ivory cropped coat

These are just a couple pieces that I love and there were a bunch of different styles in the store, but I can honestly say that there's nothing in the line that I don't absolutely adore. The styles are a combination of ultra feminine with touches of military stucture. They're flirty, sexy, and soft, with a modern vintage flare that puts me right over the moon. I want everything!

So yes, it was a wonderful weekend and I'm really glad to have had the time away with a couple of my favorite ladies. There's nothing like a little getaway.

2 comments:

Alayne said...

Sounds fabulous! Do they have yummy little restaurants too?

lydia j. said...

oh god, yes. it's a perfect little place--girl's weekend (not to be confused with Alayne's Class-Not-Trashy Bachelorette Getaway Weekend) coming soon!

Post a Comment